Below is a list of the most commonly asked questions about the Virginia Soccer Camp of Champions. These frequently asked questions only apply to the following camp sessions: Junior Elite Prospect ID Camp, Elite Prospect ID Camp. These frequently asked questions do not apply to the Day Camp. If you have any additional questions not listed below, please feel free to email the camp administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What camps will be offered and when can I register my son?
- Are all the camps held on the University of Virginia Campus?
- How do I get a camp t-shirt?
- Is Wifi Access available at camp?
- What happens if my child is injured or sick during camp?
- What if my child is sick or injured and cannot attend camp? Do I get a refund?
- How do I apply?
- What do I bring to camp? What should I wear?
- If it rains, will camp be cancelled?
- How can I reserve a space in the Virginia Soccer Camp of Champions?
- My child is a goalkeeper. Will you have specialized training for them?
- Can I fax my application?
- Can I pay by credit card?
- Are there any discounts?
- What is the best airport to fly into and how does my son get from the airport to camp?
- How do campers get to and from the airport to camp?
- Will there be a camp store? What will it have to offer?
- Can a camper arrive early or late? Can a camper leave early or late?
- Are parents allowed to watch? How do parents locate the field locations where the participants train and compete?
- What happens if a camper causes damage to their room, suite, or other University of Virginia property or fails to turn in their key at checkout?
- Are linens provided?
- How can I reach a camper during the week?
- Can I request a roommate?
- Are the dormitory rooms air conditioned?
- What is the daily schedule for the campers?
- Do I need to bring a soccer ball? Can I purchase a soccer ball while I am at camp?
1. There will be two separate camp sessions offered this summer. Session 1: Junior Elite Prospect ID Camp will run from July 7-10, 2018. Session 1 is for campers age 10 through 9th grade (9th grade in the fall of the current camp year). Session 2: Elite Prospect ID Camp will run from July 11-14, 2018. Session 2 is for campers in the 10th (10th grade in fall of the current camp year) through 12th grade. Both sessions will be conducted on the grounds of the University of Virginia. We typically begin accepting online registrations in the month of January. In addition to the two overnight sessions, there is also a spring day camp for local soccer players age U6-U14.
2. Yes, our camp is held on the grounds of the University of Virginia Return to top
3. Every camper receives a free official camp t-shirt. Return to top
4. Wifi access is not available at camp. Return to top
5. There are trainers at all sites during the duration of camp and prepared to deal with any emergencies that should arise. Return to top
6. In the case of injury or sickness, campers who submit a physician’s statement concerning their inability to participate will receive receive a full refund less the $200.00 non-refundable deposit. Any registrant who cancels due to injury or sickness (with physician's statement) on, or after June 15th, will receive a refund equal to 50% of the camp fee. Return to top
7. All registrants must apply online unless you do not have access to the internet. Return to top
8. Each camper should bring enough shorts, socks, underwear and t-shirts for their entire stay at camp. If traveling by air, campers should pack a carry on bag. At a minimum, campers should carry on all medications, money, soccer shoes, soccer ball, shin guards, shorts, t-shirts and other essential items. Return to top
9. Unless there is extreme inclement weather, the camp is conducted outdoors. Return to top
10. You must complete an online registration and make a $200.00 credit card deposit in order to reserve a spot at camp. Balance payments must be made by credit card online or paid by check. All credit card transactions are secure. Return to top
11. There will be goalkeeper coaches as well as current goalkeepers from our team assisting the director during training and game play to evaluate and assess each camper’s strengths and weaknesses. Return to top
12. No, registrations must be made online and include a $200.00 credit card deposit. Return to top
13. Each registrant must pay their $200.00 camp deposit by credit card. Balance payments may be made by credit card online or paid by check. All credit card transactions are secure. Return to top
14. Yes, when 2 or more siblings from the same family register, pay in full and attend the camp, they will receive a free camp ball (a $40.00 value) Return to top
15. The closest airport to our campus is Charlottesville Albemarle Regional Airport. Campers must make their own arrangements for ground transportation from and to the airport from camp. Return to top
16. Many campers use typical ground transportation by taking a short taxi ride from the airport to the University of Virginia. Parents are responsible for making their own ground transportation arrangements. Return to top
17. Yes, there will be a camp store with that offers camp t-shirts and camp soccer balls. There will also be pizza, drinks and snacks for sale at the camp store. Return to top
18. Yes. However, the camper will be responsible for making his own arrangements with regards to transportation and lodging. Return to top
19. Yes, parents can come to watch their child participate during training and or games. Once the camp sessions start, a map of the field locations will be posted on the camp website. Return to top
20. Please be advised that your credit card will be charged in the event that your child/ward damages property of the University of Virginia, fails to return his dorm/suite keys, or damages his dorm/suite room. Please remind your child/ward that suite keys cost $240.00 to replace. Campers who have lost or missing dorm/suite keys will be charged a $240.00 key replacement fee. Return to top
21. No, each camper should bring their own linens, pillow, blankets and towel. Return to top
22. Participants are welcome to bring their own cell phones for communicating while at camp. Campers are responsible for their own personal property. During registration check-in, parents will be provided phone numbers for our onsite and on-call camp staff members. Return to top
23. Registrants may request roommates when they complete their online registration. Registrants may also make requests pertaining to individuals they would like to share a suite with. Roommate request must match (i.e. be sure the person you request also requests you as a roommate). Roommate requests are not honored until full payment has been made and all required registration paperwork has been submitted. Return to top
24. All of the dormitory rooms are air conditioned. Return to top
26. All campers must have their own soccer ball. Campers are required to either bring their own personal soccer ball or campers can purchase a soccer ball at camp. A limited number of soccer balls will be available for purchase during registration check-in on the first day of camp. Return to top